HARVARD CLASS OF 2000 10th REUNION
Thursday, May 27 – Sunday, May 30, 2010
REGISTER NOW FOR YOUR REUNION!
For a list of classmates registered for our 10th Reunion,
visit the Reunions page of our website
Thursday, May 27, 2010
- Daytime - Commencement Activities - visit the Commencement web site.
MORNING EXERCISES: Tickets are limited and on a first come first served basis. ONE ticket per alum – NO EXCEPTIONS. To order a ticket, please email email@example.com with your full name, year of graduation & school, mailing address, phone number or email. Tickets will be mailed in early May.
AFTERNOON EXERCISES: To order tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, year of graduation, mailing address, phone number or email and the number of tickets requested. Tickets will be mailed in early May.
Teresita Alvarez-Bjelland AB ’76, MBA ’79 will host the afternoon program, which will include the announcement of Overseer and Director elections; the presentation of the Harvard Medals; remarks by President Drew Gilpin Faust; and an address by The Honorable David H. Souter.
- 8:00 PM - Informal Gathering for ’05 and ‘00 at the new Cambridge Queenshead Pub (the old Loker Commons), Cash Bar.
Friday, May 28, 2010
- Daytime - Radcliffe Day Program & Luncheon featuring feminist pioneer Gloria Steinem. Register through the Radcliffe Day web site.
- 7:00 PM 1:00 AM - Welcome Back Bash. Casual dinner featuring delicious comfort foods, a full open bar and live jazz. Eliot House Courtyard.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
- 12:00 - 3:00 PM– Family Barbecue and Field Day with the Class of ’95 featuring Red Bones authentic barbecue and an open bar (beer and wine). Bring the kids – there will be many children’s activities including “Toddler Town” for the little ones! Athletics.
Afternoon – Mini-Reunions and Special Interest Group Gatherings — For a list of Mini Reunions specifically for the Class of 2000, click here.
— For a list of Mini Reunions happening on campus that are open to all Reunion Classes, click here.
— For a schedule of HAA Special Interest Group (SIG) Gatherings taking place over reunion weekend, please visit www.alumni.harvard.edu.
- 7:00 PM - 1:00 AM – Class Cocktail Party with Locally Sourced Buffet Dinner and full open bar, DJ and dancing! Cocktail attire. Quad Tent.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM- Memorial Service, Quad. Take a moment to remember classmates who are no longer with us.
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM – Farewell Brunch, PfoHo Dining Hall.
1:35 PM – Red Sox vs. Kansas City, Fenway Park. Wrap up the weekend cheering on the Sox with your classmates! Standing room pavilion seats. Available on a first come, first served basis. $25 per ticket.
Order Class Merchandise Online from The COOP!
Class of 2000 Survey
We are starting a new tradition of taking a survey of the class to see what our class is like now and in the future. We will send out the same survey every 5 years and will announce the results at the reunions.
The survey is completely CONFIDENTIAL and ANONYMOUS and has questions about life, work, sex, family, etc.
Please take the survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/38TR8VT
It shouldn't take too long and is intended to get a fun, interesting snapshot of our class.
-Class of 2000 Reunion Committee
OTHER HELPFUL REUNION INFORMATION:
* MINI REUNIONS: If you are interested in organizing a get-together for your favorite student group (for example, The Glee Club, Crew, The Harvard Ballroom Team, The Hasty Pudding, etc.), please email Jen Halloran at the HAA by April 1, 2010: email@example.com.
The recommended timing for a mini-reunion is from 3 – 5 PM on Saturday, May 29th. Please include the following information in your request:
1. Who is the request for (what is the name of the group)?
2. What day and time? (typically Saturday afternoon)
3. Do you want your mini-reunion to be class specific or offered to all Junior Reunions (there will be a master mini-reunion schedule that will be on each registration table for all Junior Reunions, 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th)?
4. Please forward text for Master Mini-Reunion schedule which will be on all Junior Reunion registration desks.
*REUNION HOUSING: The Reunion Housing Registration is Now Closed.
Sheets, pillow, soap, towels and a souvenir blanket are included. The housing headquarters will located in the Currier House Lobby.
If you would rather not stay on campus, click the following link: Hotels in Cambridge and Boston.
*DISABILITIES REQUESTS: To help make reunion attendance possible for those with disabilities or certain medical conditions, accommodations and services can be provided to those who make requests by 5:00 p.m. EST, April 30, 2010. The College Alumni Programs office works with the University Disability Coordinator to address these requests. If you may need assistance because of a disability or medical condition, please send a detailed email to Marie Trottier, the University Disability Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. While email communication is the most efficient and preferred method of addressing needs, you may also contact the University disability coordinator by phone, at 617-495-1859. Arrangements for services will be finalized by May 14, 2010.
*CHILDCARE: Children’s Conference Care Inc. (CCCI) is proud to be working with the Harvard Alumni Association, for the 16th year, so that you can have the freedom to attend and enjoy this year’s reunion events while your children have fun and make new friends. CCCI will have an on-site campus facility at the QRAC, offering fun-filled activities for children ages 3 and older. QRAC is the Quadrangle Recreational Athletic Center located at 66 Garden Street, between Bond and Linnaean Streets near the quad. To learn more about CCCI and to register for childcare, please download the CCCI Registration Form. To avoid any late fees, register for childcare before April 30, 2010.
HARVARD CHABAD REUNION SHABBAT
Harvard Chabad invites all alumni, family and friends to join us as our guests to enjoy the sweetness of Shabbat with great cuisine, wonderful memories, and family warmth. All events will be at the Chabad House - 38 Banks Street.
FRIDAY NIGHT, MAY 28:
Shabbat Service 7:30pm
Shabbat Dinner 8:30pm
SHABBAT, MAY 29:
Services 10am followed by Kiddush Luncheon at 12:15pm.
To RSVP or if there is any way we can be helpful to you during your visit please email us at email@example.com or call 617.547.6124
With warm personal regards and hope to see you soon!
Rabbi Hirschy and Elkie Zarchi
Eliot Alumni, save the date!
On May 30, 2010, return home to celebrate housemasters Lino Pertile and Anna Bensted’s ten-year reign at Festa: The Eliot Alumni Ball. Take a step back into time, catch up with friends, and swing dance the night away. More information can be found at www.theeliotfesta.com. Domus!
Join the Class of 2000 Group on Facebook!
At least one house has its own email list, and if there are any others please let me know.
Mather's very own yahoo group.